Friday, January 27, 2023

Note to self. Keep on Keeping on! It's worth it. I promise.

 

 

Note to self. Keep on Keeping on! It's worth it. I promise.

It's a mental health kind of day
by
David A A Sullivan




     This is not a rant or a cry for help. This is a notice to others that might be experiencing anything similar. It is a notice to all to understand "It is perfectly OK to not be OK"

      Some of you are aware of my life predicaments. I have a weak heart that has plagued me for roughly 7 years now. This adversary has taken my ability to enjoy life as I use to. I use to enjoy swimming, diving, biking, ATVing, walking the nature park, music and dancing, to mention a few.  This has been stressful enough. As of last August it has taken away my career as a commercial driver. Again just more stress. Now the sun is still coming up and the coffee still smells wonderful but some days it's hard to see it that way.

     Even though it might feel like it often, you are not alone. Reach out to others. Make a Facebook post or a phone call. Drop a message to a friend. Go for a meal and a conversation. Get out of your head. That being said here is my story for this week. This is a direct copy from my Facebook post today if you see it duplicated. 

     When it comes to coping with mental health issues, medication and therapy can be incredibly effective when used together. It's important to remember that for some people, these tools may be necessary for the long-term, and that's okay. It's okay to need help, to ask for it, and to accept it.

     Personally, I have been fortunate to have a strong support system and good medication. While there have been some side effects, they have been less traumatic than my original issues. As directed by my doctor, I am currently in the process of lowering my medication dosage.

     However, the experience has been challenging. In the first week alone, I have struggled with insomnia and irritability. I have also found it difficult to be understanding and patient with those around me. It can be an up and down experience, one moment I'm happy and the next, "The color purple is too loud" and the world seems overwhelming. The strange thing is that I don't feel fear. I feel a sense of determination to move forward, even if it means pushing through obstacles. "I'm almost ready to burn the world down."

     I want to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and to warn others who may be going through similar experiences. I know that it will level out eventually, but it feels like there may be nothing left by the time it does. I will keep trying every day.



Love and respect

May the sun, the moon, your friends and/or love ones shine in your life.


No comments:

The man that makes all the dough around here!

The man that makes all the dough around here! Hey there, folks! I've got a little story to share with you, and it's all about the br...