Tuesday, January 31, 2023

A Year on Duloxetine: My Positive Experience





A Year on Duloxetine
My Positive Experience and the Journey to Decreasing My Dose
by
David A A Sullivan



     For the past year, I've been taking Duloxetine (the generic name for Cymbalta) to manage the symptoms related to stress, and I have to say, I feel lucky that my doctor started me on this medication. It has been the perfect fit for me over the last year.

     However, with the guidance of my healthcare provider, I recently began reducing my dose of Duloxetine. While the decision to reduce my dose was made with care, the process has been accompanied by several side effects including nausea, insomnia, irritability, fatigue, sweating, and increased heart rate. These symptoms have impacted my daily life and made it difficult for me to concentrate and be productive.

     It's important to note that every person's experience with Duloxetine withdrawal may be different, and the severity of symptoms can vary. However, I wanted to share my story in hopes of helping others who may be going through a similar process.

     If you're considering reducing your Duloxetine dose, I highly recommend speaking to your healthcare provider for guidance on how to do so safely and with the least amount of discomfort. Additionally, it's important to be patient with yourself and to understand that these withdrawal symptoms may take time to subside.

     While the journey of reducing my Duloxetine dose has been challenging, I'm grateful for the positive impact it has had on my life over the past year and am determined to continue finding other ways to manage my stress and improve my overall well-being."

No comments:

The man that makes all the dough around here!

The man that makes all the dough around here! Hey there, folks! I've got a little story to share with you, and it's all about the br...