Sunday, February 26, 2023

Upon the treadmill's pathway






Upon The Treadmill's Pathway
by
David A A Sullivan







Hark, prithee! I am David, a man of fifty years, and by ailment bound to Dilated Cardiomyopathy. The struggle with weight gain hath been a constant woe, albeit in my youth I was a walker most avid. I strode six and a half to fifteen furlongs a day, but my heart's ailment hath made the exercise nigh impossible. Perchance, doth the labour of the yard provide me with little sustenance.

Recently, after a septennium of non-usage, I didst venture to essay the treadmill's path anew. The enterprise was fraught with the greatest adversity of mental blockage, yet withal, I did consult my healthcare provider and made fit adjustments to suit my heart's condition.

Upon the treadmill's pathway, I began with a pace of 1.2 mph, and the incline none. Earbuds didst I wear, to isolate me from the outer world, and played a lively music list, of half an hour's duration. Anon, when feeling comfortable, I didst increment the speed, settling anon at 2.0 mph. After fifteen minutes, my knees ceased to ache, and I didst disregard the time. About twenty minutes hence, my arms, hands and shoulders were sorely fatigued. At the end of my music, two minutes' gradual slowing down didst ensue, and then from the treadmill's way, I didst depart, to report the exercise to mine accountability friend.

Verily, to recommence exercise after so long and with a heart's ailment, doth challenge the emotions. We are our own worst enemies, and albeit the truth be known, yet we oftentimes proffer excuses why we cannot exercise. Forsooth, this marks my umpteenth time, endeavouring to resume the exercise. But to the extent that one can endeavour physically and mentally, it is important.

Methinks, I exhort anyone sharing a like condition to first consult their healthcare provider afore initiating the exercise programme. Begin slowly and increase the intensity and duration thereof. The greatest hurdle is to surmount the mental block, yet with dedication and support, one's fitness goals are attainable. Adieu and good luck, dear readers, as ye strive to resume thy exercise regime!

No comments:

The man that makes all the dough around here!

The man that makes all the dough around here! Hey there, folks! I've got a little story to share with you, and it's all about the br...