Tuesday, September 26, 2023

I refilled the dishwasher. Where is my parade!?

 I refilled the dishwasher. Where is my parade!?

by

David A.A. Sullivan

In the realm of chores and tasks I dare,
I ventured forth, without despair,
To tackle dishes, stacked so high,
With soap and water, I did apply.

I emptied racks with utmost care,
Each plate and cup, a burden to bear,
And when it came to pots and pans,
I scrubbed away, like a steadfast man.

I refilled the dishwasher, pristine and grand,
A feat so noble, in dish-washing land,
Now I jest and cheer, with pride displayed,
"I refilled the dishwasher, where's my parade?"

With laughter and joy, let us celebrate,
This mundane task I did not underrate,
For in the realm of household grace,
A parade awaits in this funny embrace!

So here's my parade, a poem in rhyme,
For chores well done, in my own time,
In jest and love, we share the jest,
For a clean kitchen,
we both are blessed!

No comments:

The man that makes all the dough around here!

The man that makes all the dough around here! Hey there, folks! I've got a little story to share with you, and it's all about the br...