Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Funny words of wisdom from the most steadfast source. AKA My wonderful wife.





Today my wife and I were enjoying a wonderful lunch at a local cafe called "Sessions Cafe".
We had eaten there once before and the food is delightful. Our first visit we ordered small personal plates of the house nachos and the Soup de Jour. Let me inject here that the elegant oven baked nachos were and continue to be the tastiest crispy nachos I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. Today indulged ourselves with a large plate of nachos for an appetizer and two orders of the special, real ham on swiss with sauteed red peppers on focaccia bread. Now imagine, a small well lit cafe atmosphere, with classic upbeat folk music floating in the background. Sounds like an enjoyable lunch, does it not? Jackie, my wife and I thought so.

infamous quote -- Groin grabbingly delicious. -- Homer Simpson as the food critic.

I tell you all that so that I may tell you this. With a mouth full of food and a mug full of Cafe Mocha, I was totally unprepared. Jackie leans over toward me and says "Hey, what did the medicine man tell his wife to get her to stop bugging him?" At this point I did what every good husband should do. I shrugged and gave the ever curious whimsical look. "Don't squeeze the shaman!" she replies with a giggle. I instantly got the reference to the old Squeeze the Charman toilet paper ads and chuckled. Thus causing me to mildly choke on my nachos.

This lady will never stop surprising me. Ten years of marriage and two children later she is still the jewel of my eye. She also reminded me of another classic quip that goes -

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

To my wonderful wife today, thank you for the life, the love and all the humor. Your loving husband Dave.





2 comments:

Funny Girl SJ said...

Your wife sounds hot. What's her number?

Anonymous said...

I agree with the first guy. She sounds awesome. You're one lucky guy.

The man that makes all the dough around here!

The man that makes all the dough around here! Hey there, folks! I've got a little story to share with you, and it's all about the br...